4 Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into halves)
1 juiced lemon, slightly zested (¾ cup of lemon juice may be used as substitution)
1 bunch of finely chopped fresh cilantro (dried cilantro may be used as substitution)
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
1 teaspoon of vinegar
¼ cup of dry white wine (optional)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pinch of salt and pepper (optional)
1. Slice your chicken into halves or even tenders, if desired. Make sure to keep those hands clean in between steps when handling uncooked chicken. (Washing the lemon before using may be a good idea as well).
2. Create a mixture of the lemon juice (hold the zest for later), honey, lemon pepper, vinegar, wine (optional), and olive oil.
3. Place the marinating chicken in a (preferably glass) dish.
4. Place the uncooked chicken inside of the mixture for approximately 1 hour, covered and refrigerated.
5. Depending on the type of grill you have, you may need to add aluminum foil or lightly spray it with cooking spray.
6. Once the chicken has completely marinated, remove it from your mixture and place it on the grill. (Make sure your grill is good and hot!)
7. Sprinkle ½ of the cilantro and oregano on each side as you grill.
8. Grill for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
9. Garnish the chicken with your lemon zest.
10. Once the chicken is completely cooked, sprinkle salt and pepper onto it, if desired.
Enjoy with brown rice and your favorite low carb veggie. I often like to give my family a choice of veggies. Some of our favorites are steamed broccoli or asparagus.