As the days grow warmer and longer we find ourselves wanting to spend more time outdoors, perhaps being more active with our family. This is a great time to take advantage of the warmer days before it is too hot to enjoy being active outside.
For some people the idea of exercise can be unattractive and overwhelming; try to find ways to make it fun. Spending time outdoors with a pet or people you care about can be an excellent way to ‘sneak in some ‘exercise’ without it feeling so mandatory. Some great fun things to do that will raise your heart rate and provide health perks without a thought:
• Go on a bike ride with your kids – the warm breeze feels amazing this time of year!
• Get on that playground with your kids instead of just standing and watching! Using the slide or challenging the monkey bars may seem silly, but after you cruise across a few times you’ll get in some excellent cardio and strength training!
• Visit a local pond or lake to hike around and skip some rocks.
• Yard work (Although, this may not be seen as fun…but it can be great exercise)
• Play Frisbee or catch with your kids and/or your dog. An added bonus ~ try and ‘catch’ the throw before the dog does. (This will also add entertainment to any children that may be involved)
After spending time with family and friends, it is always enjoyable to share a healthy meal. Try this super easy, yet deliciously summery, recipe below.
Tricia is a wife of 20 years, Mom to 9 children (6 biological & 3 adopted from Ethiopia) who has gone from surviving to thriving, helping others find health in their body mind/heart and financially. Tricia has gone from having husband traveling all week, every week, to living a life they once only dreamed of. Giving hope & inspiration to those who are ready to go after the life of their dreams. You can read more about Tricia on her co-branded site Team Dixon as well as her website Finding What Matters Most and connect with her on her Facebook page and Twitter @TriciaDixon.
You must be logged in to post a comment